About M&P Gas Engineering
With the ever changing and demanding legislation of the UK Gas & Utility Industries, M&P Gas Engineering was formed to meet the growing need for gas engineering design, maintenance and consultancy. Their team have extensive experience within the engineering sector of the Gas Industry. That enables them to provide a comprehensive range of services relating to gas utilisation as well as gas supply systems both upstream and downstream of the primary gas meter.
Our engineering staff are Bill Paterson who is a Chartered Engineer and a member of the Institute of Gas Engineers, and Peter Massie who is a very experienced and highly qualified certified gas engineer. We represent over 60 years experience in the gas industry. They both held senior positions within British Gas and bring with them the understanding of the gas industry operations and safety regime which is a fundamental part of our company ethos.
Current Safety Standards
The Institute of Gas Engineers and Managers standard IGEM/UP/2 Edition 3 states that all businesses should have a full maintenance plan drawn up for all gas outlet pipework. Furthermore, it should be supported by an annual inspection regime to ensure that the pipework is correctly maintained and is safe. This is sound advice that helps avoid the disruption to your service through unplanned maintenance activities. M&P Gas Engineering is registered with GAS SAFE formerly CORGI.
We are focused on helping you maintain compliancy with the ever changing field of current legislation along with changes in all relevant health and safety requirements. They include…
- Gas outlet pipe systems maintenance through regular scheduled site surveys and testing as required or arrange a rolling 5 year tightness test.
- Site surveying and problem solving of existing gas installation pipe systems
- Site review with an ongoing maintenance plan for your new or existing outlet pipework
- Compliance consulting and reporting to the current safety legislation and engineering standards
- Design of gas outlet pipe systems and associated equipment including gas metering equipment and enclosures,
- Design and technical consultancy from meter to gas equipment,
- Pipework computer modelling analysis and pressure surveys to establish system load and poor pressure problems,
- Hazardous area classification and risk assessments for strength and tightness testing and the commissioning of gas outlet pipe systems,
- Strength, tightness testing, purging and commissioning of gas outlet systems,
- Purging and the de-commissioning and making safe redundant gas outlet pipe systems.
We cover Scotland however, we will consider projects throughout the United Kingdom.
Our existing client base includes: Fife Council, NHS, Universities and Colleges and other educational establishments, Ministry of Defence, Architects, Mechanical Engineering Consultants, City and Country developers, Industrial and Commercial gas users and others such as national and local builders.
If you're planning outlet pipework as part of a larger project - including gas meter installation or upgrades - you can rely on M&P Gas Engineering to give you peace of mind. We can assist you meet all relevant and current legislation. By developing an integrated safe and seamless process we will minimise disruption. Basically we keep the process as simple as possible.
M & P Gas Engineering will carry out a detailed survey of your gas installation including photographic evidence of the condition of the pipework/welds/valves and check for gas leaks. We would then provide you with a report together with any advice necessary regarding remedial action to ensure that your pipework complies with legal, commercial and health and safety requirements and, importantly, that you avoid any unexpected disruption along with the inevitable costs.